Quinta do Crasto, Vinho Branco, Douro DOC, Portugal, 2019


We have run out of stock for this item.

Made from Rabigato, Viosinho and Gouveio. A challenging 2019 vintage but one that was ultimately very good. The blend we have here brings together the trump card of each variety; Rabigato for its acidity and freshness; Viosinho for its class and texture; Gouveio for its wonderful aromatic capabilities. The Douro is one of the great regions when it comes to the delicate art of blending grapes and this is a great example. 85% of the juice is aged in stainless steel with around 3 months of lees ageing and the remaining 15% is subjected to a lick of French oak ageing to bring some complexity to the party.


Great aromatics. Citrus, grapefruit, pear, green apple and a hint of tropical fruit richness. Stoney minerality and a hint of honey, orange blossom and buttery oak.


Nice and dry, with laser-guided acidity. Medium body but with great intensity. Bags of citrus and tree fruit, with some grassy undertones and the signature minerality.